Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Devotional Though From Psalms

For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.     Psalm 18:29


You can see in your mind’s eye this young warrior, David, on the battlefield, running through a troop (company) of enemy soldiers, coming to a wall that blocks his way, placing his left hand on the top of the wall and clearing it with one leap like a precision gymnast. He has engaged in battle, and leaped away to fight another day, and his comment is: I have been able to do these deeds because God gave me the ability and strength. When believers in God look back on the things they have done to save themselves and other believers from spiritual or physical harm, whether it was run, fight, pray, leap tall buildings in a single bound, or hide in a quiet corner, that ability came from God. Don’t trust in your own strength, you have none apart from God, but use what He gives you. Take a leap of faith over that wall. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:13).

No comments: