Thursday, January 1, 2015

Devotional Verses From The Book Of Ezra

But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes wept with a loud voice; and many shouted aloud for joy: So that the people could not discern the noise of the shout of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people: for the people shouted with a loud shout, and the noise was heard afar off.     Ezra 3:12,13

Such was the reaction of the Jewish people when the foundation of the Temple, the house of the LORD was laid in Jerusalem after years of captivity in Babylon. Some of the really old men, who had been around decades before, and had a glimpse of that original Temple built by Solomon, destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar, wept loudly. They may have been sentimentally weeping with joy. Others were shouting with joy. The two sounds of joy blended together into one joyous noise and swept out down the mountain side and was heard a long way off. You can imagine that travelers on the roads and farmers in the field, and any others who heard that joyous shout looked up and said to themselves or one another “What could be going on in Jerusalem? Why are they shouting? Why are they so happy?”

Today’s post is my shout of joy, my sentimental expression of my happiness in God, and I hope through this blog it will be heard afar off. I am joyful to have Jesus as my personal savior! I am joyful to know my sins are forgiven and I am justified with God, the Father, through God, the Son, Jesus! I rejoice that He cares for me in all of life’s joys and dramas! I am joyful that I can tell you Jesus died for you, that He will forgive you, that He will bless your life forever! I am joyful that God is God and no Nebuchadnezzar, whatever his name, can thwart the will of God! In my heart I shout thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 15:57). Hallelujah! Praise the LORD! Praise Jesus! I praise Him forever! I joy in Him!


Happy new beginning to you!

No comments: