Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Devotional Though From Psalms

Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.     Psalm 69:6

This verse speaks to me. I do not want the people of the churches I have pastored, or those of the churches I now attend, to be ashamed or confounded because of my sins. I do not want churches across this country or Christians around the world to be embarrassed or hurt because of offenses in my life. I want observers of Christians to see consistent living according to God’s Word that will encourage them, not cause them to be mystified by our failures.


That is the attitude of all committed Christians, we want to be good Christians, good parents and grandparents, good brothers and sisters, good citizens, good workers, good neighbors. We want to have a strong witness of our faith that is backed up by a life which flees sin and is filled with goodness and righteousness, trustworthiness and honest faith in Jesus. We want our lives to be faithful, and pure examples of the abundant, kind, and joyful life Jesus brings to us when we believe in Him. We want, I want, anyone who might put our lives under a microscope to find that we "talk the talk, and walk the walk." We want others, who seek after God, to know that we who claim His salvation have really experienced the thing they seek after. That Jesus has really given us new life, and can give it to them and that all of us become one people in Him. They don’t have to be ashamed of their brothers and sisters in Christ.

No comments: