Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Devotional Thought From Psalms

My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.     Psalm 104:34

     “Sweet!” That’s what we say when something nice happens to us like a free ice cream at the local soft serve when they open for the season. The psalmist said “Sweet!” When he thought of the LORD.  “Just thinking of Him makes me glad.”
     As Christians this is one of the Old Testament qualities we want to emulate. We want to draw close to God through prayer and scripture readings so that as we think of Him, and who He is, and all He’s done, and what He will do in the future, and what He's doing in our lives right now, our hearts will well up within us with a deep, spiritual “Sweet!”
     I find in my personal devotions that God’s word speaks to the situations of my life. And His word is true and right and pure. That I draw closer to Him by reading His word and prayer. That His word translates into my life and ministry. That it gives me comfort. It encourages me. It energizes me. My meditation of Him makes me smile and be joyful.

     The psalmist is right: personal devotions with God are sweet!

No comments: