Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Devotional Verse From Paul's Letter To The Galatian Churches

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

I am crucified with Christ... Paul is talking about spirit not flesh. In reality it is our body that should have been nailed to the cross. In his heart Paul recognized his own sins put Christ in Paul's place on the scaffold, but in spirit Paul was right up there with the Lord Jesus. But though crucified Paul now lives in spirit, because the crucified (and risen) Savior actually lived in Paul. Paul's experience is ours. For us Christ died out of love for us, for us He took the punishment of our sins, for us, and in our place, He took capital punishment: yet He lives. Sounds strange to nonbelievers, sounds simplistic to the intelligentsia, silly to anybody looking for an excuse not to accept the story as actual. Yet strange, simplistic, or silly as it may appear to them, it is the honest to truth truth.

No comments: