Saturday, January 11, 2014

Can these bones live? A devotional thought from the prophet Ezekiel
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; which was full of bones, And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
Ezekiel 37:1-3
The call to the nation that was symbolized by the dead, dry bones was a call to return to faith and righteousness (faith in the true God of the Bible and the righteous life He wants His people to live). Turning from faith in the God of the Bible and rejecting many of the righteous principles by which God calls people to live America has put herself, symbolically, right in the middle of that valley of dry bones. Can America return, will America return, will she seek to live the way God expects a nation under His blessing to live? O Lord GOD thou knowest. We hope so. Each of us needs to live God's way and pray for America to return to seeking God's way.

No comments: